Can we really learn from life lessons? Yes. Let’s face it – everyone makes mistakes in life and in business. Fortunately for us, many of them provide great learning opportunities and guidance. Want a smart tip to help you avoid these slip-ups? Learn from mistakes that others have made so you can avoid making them yourself altogether.
President and CEO of Lead From Within, Lolly Daskal, points out in her article on Inc.com that we often learn several life lessons too late in the game. Luckily, she’s collected 12 pieces of valuable business advice for us to live by so these mistakes can be avoided. If we keep these things in mind, we can concentrate on being happy and successful.
- Life is short and it’s here to be lived
- In relationships, the little things are big things
- Success starts from inside out
- Your social life belongs offline
- Make the world your university
- Good things come to those who diversify
- Success in incremental
- Together is always better
- What worries you masters you
- Failure is never fatal
- Don’t let silly things rob your happiness
- The meaning of life is to find your gifts and the purpose of success lies in giving it away
The only time a mistake is truly permanent is if you don’t learn from it. – Charles Orlando